Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Long time away...

Long time no see! I revamped my blog a little yesterday - Blogger has changed quite a bit in the last couple years - Many more options and I like designing and decorating so I had a fun time playing around and customizing my page.... I'm still working on my TWITTER gadget as it's not working for some reason. The feed isn't showing up... but you all can follow me @BMABritt.... I post pics and comments there throughout the day. I am NOT on Facebook now as there are a few fake Facebook pages of me - One page actually steals my pics from my Twitter and posts them on the page pretending to be me, lol.... So as much as it looks to be me...it's not. They do question and answer stuff too pretending to be me...kind of creepy! But anyways... I may get a new one started and if I do I will let you all know :) It honestly doesn't seem like it's been 1.5 years since I posted here... Sorry! Thank you to my loyal fans who have continued to check my blog daily for updates... Only to find... Well.....nothing new. I hope this post can earn me a few points back with my fans... LIFE.... IT'S CRAZY BUSY & WONDERFUL ...All @ the same time. I stay going every hour of every day. I'm working to trying to get a little relaxation time into my schedule. My work schedule is absolutely crazy and not something that I have been use to since I've been a nurse. I 've always worked shift-work. A little over a year ago I thought I would try a "normal" schedule and start working weekdays 8-5... Oh my, what was I thinking? It's the absolute worst decision I have ever made in my life... I know hate is a strong word... but I HATE it... ha-ha. No kidding, it's brutal and I've said it a million times, I give props to those who do it and still find time to have a balanced life. I do have a new job (yay!) with a schedule of my liking but I am in the waiting process right now. I have to wait to get someone hired for my position and then I have to train them... Then I can start my new job. So it's far sighted right now but I'm trying to stay positive and do what I can to make it.... Which brings me to this... I had planned to compete @ the JR USAs in Charleston, SC in a couple weeks, but with everything going on ...I just sold my house, moved and now trying to find another house... I'm pretty much burnt out and exhausted. I began dieting in December 2011 for this show but was swayed into the decision of competing at NC States as a "warm-up" to the JR USAs... Sometimes I listen to others rather than going with what I know is best. I did the NC States Physique and won my class and overall!! I know you are thinking ...what's so bad about that!!?? Ha-ha, well it wasn't the master plan and I guess you can say I'm quite task oriented, especially these days... to be honest, it threw me off my kilter a little and kind of screwed me up physically and mentally. I had to stop weight training because my muscles were still TOO BIG, even @ 125lbs... I was hardly eating any protein and I was doing a whole lot of cardio. This prep was the hardest prep I have ever had to endure... Losing muscle and down sizing is a task, a big task... Yes, I CAN do it... but it takes time and sanity.... and I was losing a little sanity. I am going to compete again but I'm going to take a little breather for a few months, get things settled and hopefully in a new home.... Gotta get that PRO CARD... It's the dream I've had since I was 14 when I first began competing. I competed @ 113 pounds......
I'm headed to the gym now to train back and shoulders... I'm trying some different training strategies and I will start sharing those with you soon... Also, I am planning to do a photo shoot soon to get my site updated... I know, It's been a while too... I want it updated just as much as you all do! Alright, you all have a great night and I will see you soon! B