Friday, November 24, 2006

So much to tell...

Starting with a BIG Whatssssssss Uppppppppp to all of yas....
Hope your all doing well and still loving me reguardless of my MIA status :) I know ya do. Let me say Thanks to everyone who supports the greatest sport ever, bodybuilding. It was so awesome to have you all by my side and rooting me on throughout the entire process of preparing for Nationals. This year was a little different with work and all in the mix of things but I managed and still came out on top ...I am exstatic to say the least reguarding my 3rd place finish in the 2006 NPC Nationals middleweight class ...I said "exstatic" ...NOT satisfied :) But that's me for ya. Wednesday around lunch time I began carbing-up, weighing about 123lbs. Which is a little risky for me because I never start carbing up until after making weight at early weigh-ins. We left for Maimi Wednesday night, driving, and got there Thursday morning around 11-ish. It was definitely an experience ...pissing every hour along the way of the 13 hour drive, everyone falling asleep leaving ????? to drive, and as you can imagine with 2 bodybuilders in the same car- it didn't exactly smell like roses, lol. Once we got there, we checked in our rooms and all of the sudden everyone was wide awake, so my family went out on the beach for awhile while I showered and washed my hair for the last time until Saturday night after the show. After I was all cleaned up I started putting on my protan, which after 4 coats between then and prejudging (2 days), was still not dark enough. I ended up putting on 2 coats before I went to early weigh-ins that night. Nervously awaiting the time of weigh-ins, my belly continues to yell at me wanting something to eat. I hadn't eaten in about 10 hours just to make sure that I would make weight at early weigh-ins. When we arrived at weigh-ins the men were still going through their line-up so of course there are millions of bodybuilders and people waiting around in this muggy/stinky hallway. After 2 more hours (12 hours of not eating) Middleweights were finally called to line up and weigh-in. Out of 19 Middleweights, I was the third in line to step on the scale ...Not even looking at my surrounding opponents, I make my way to the scale to only find out the I am 3 LBS OVERWEIGHT ...HOT DAMN!!!!! 128 ...the woman was like step off the scale, blow all your air out, and step back on ...congratulations, you gained 1 LB ...129 ...WTF ...blow all you air out ...How about go to the bathroom then come back and step back on ...that's more like it ...ANYWAYS, Not saying a word, I stepped off the scale just as the show panel says to me you'll make weight no problem in the morning, Britt ...Smiling, I say I hope so :) Next morning (Havn't eaten for 24 hours)step on the scale and weigh 124.75 ...THANK GOD for fractions. So I've made weight and now I can restart the carbing up process. That just goes to show you just how depleted I was before I started carbing up ...gained 5LBS from wednesday at noon to thursday night just from carbs ...not to mention probably a little cortisol too considering I hadn't slept in about 36 hours. Anyways, I had a wonderful meal Friday night before prejudging Saturday morning ...Me finishing up my HUGE piece of cheesecake that Cindy had to help me eat ...OH YEAH, MY BABY GIRL CINDY ...Cindy got there Thursday night actually. That's a long story too ...Her flight was late, her text messages didnt go through, I fell asleep and my friend Adam went a picked her up. Cindy had never met Adam before ...Adam is a character :) ...and she ends up going out to eat with him and staying in his room that night because she didn't want to wake me or my family up ...Adam's a nice guy though, I wouldn't have sent him to get her if he wasn't. I would have been like who the fuck is this guy ...but Cin was cool with it. The next morning before the last weigh-in, I go up to Adams room and jump on Cindy and wake her up ...I was so happy to see her ...She's my bestest bestest friend :) We're so much alike it's insane ...I think we started getting little attitudes with each other by the end of the trip, lol. She's my girl though, we had a blast. I swear we ate at least one of every kind of food possible in Miami ...we were 2 little/big fat cows walking into the airport when it was time to leave Miami, lol ...with huge distended bellies. OK, there is sooooooooooooo much more to tell but i am getting sleepy so I will continue my story tomorrow ...I will add some pics tho ......
LOVE YAS,
B :)