Monday, May 29, 2006

Up at the crack of dawn...

Mornin' ya'll...
I woke up extreamly too early this morning! I have these huge windows in my room that take up almost an entire wall and the sun was shining thru them like no other this morning so of course I couldn't fall back asleep. Oh well, guess I need to get up anyways ...maybe I can get in the habit of getting up early and taking a short nap in the afternoon :) Tha'd be soo awesome- My body would LOVE that! I did that my freshamn year in college ...I would go to my 0800 classes which would get out around lunch time, then I'd get some lunch take it to my dorm, then take a 1-2 hour nap ...ahhhhh, it was sooo great! I'd get up go to the rest of my classes and then go train. Thinking back on it it was so freakin hard but now it seems like it was the life to have. I'm really worried about my how my time schedule is going to be once I start work ...If I work 7a-7p ...I wouldn't get home 'til 8-9 at night ...then I'd only have an hour to train ...hmmm, I'd rather work 7p-7a, get off in the morning, go train, eat, and go to sleep ...wake up and do it all over again. There's no 24hr gyms around here so that'd work much better. This past year in clinicals I remember not getting out of the hospital sometimes until 2 hours after the time that I was really supposed to get off ...Like when we would have new admissions at the last minute or bags of TPN wouldn't get to the floor until shift change ...and you can't just leave your unfinished work for the next shift. I had a really good preceptor and that's one thing that I llearned from her ...Never leave anything extra for the next Nurse to do, start new tasks down to the last minute of your shift and always finish what you start. If that means staying extra to get it done then that's what you do ...Not everyone thinks this way but if you want to be productive and satisfactory then I guess it's what you do ...kind of like doing for others as you would want to be done for or treating others as you would want to be treated ...anyways, enough on that ...Don't wanna think about work til I have to :) I take my boards in about 2 weeks so WISH ME SOME GOOD LUCK!!!!

I would go ahead and go to the gym this morning but today is my day off ...I trained Chest on Friday, Legs on Saturday, and Back yesterday ...and all 3 are hurting equally right now! I can barely walk bc my legs are soooo freakin sore ...I did heavy squats on the smith machine, 2 45's and a 25 on each side for about 7-8 reps ...everything else was the usual ...presses, ext's, lunges, lying curls and seated curls.Chest ws pretty much all incline, only went up to 50lb db's ...Bakc was AWESOME! Hd a kickass back workout ...Started with 4 sets of pullups, deadlifts form the ground w/ 2 45's and a 25 on each side (275) for 8 reps, single arm db rows (which I have a story behind), pull downs, seated rows, and reverse grip single arm pulls ...I was doing my 3rd set of single arm DB rows with a 90lb db ...finished my set no prob, was putting the weight back in the rack and the weight slipped off the other side and landed rigt on top of my ring finger on my left hand ...OOOOUUUCCCHHHH%^%$##@@!$^&&**()))*%!@#$%^&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Our weights aren't that rubber stuff, they're freakin solid iron and it urt ohhh so bad! At first, like for the first 30 seconds, I was like ok, I'm fine, I just smashed the hell outta my finger with 90lbs but ya know, whatever, I'm good :) Then this huge black knot and sac of blood rose up off the top of my knuckle ...I swear, it was exactlylike in the cartoons ..like when they get hit over the head with a hammer and a huge exaggerated knot rises up off there head within seconds ...LOL, seriously, that's how it was ...so I went and out it in a cup of ice water for a few minutes and then sucked it up and finished training ...I only had to finished the 4th set of db rows and seated rows. I didn't go up to the 100lb db's bc my finger was throbbing too bad but I did finish with a little bit lighter weight for the last set and did good weight for seated rows and hyperext's. Anyways. I'm not typing with that finger right now, lol, it's a little stiff and bruised/swollen but NOT broken, Thank God!!!!

I'm already hungry again!! I drank a shake and ate some grits when I got up and now I'm wanting something else ...sooooo, Ima go eat again and get to studying for a few hours for my Boards in a few weeks. I'm supposed to be studying a few hours everyday so we'll see how that goes :):):):)

WEBCAM later today!!!! Come see me ...I've began to start putting my size back on!!!! and I'm lovin' it!!!!

LOVES,
<3 B